When building international B2B or B2C portal applications it can be very important to provide multi-lingual user interfaces. Especially when providing self-service portals, personalization is key to increase successful adoption. To enhance usability, Mendix is equipped with a powerful internationalization capability.
- The modeling environment facilitates the translation of your application in several ways
- Each end user can view the application in their language of choice
- See the results of the translation at design time so that there are no surprises at run time
- Supports all ISO 639 languages, including right to left languages such as Arabic
- Outsource the translation of your application
- All interface texts like captions and validation messages can be translated.
- Switch languages in the Modeler and see forms and other interface elements in different languages at design-time
- See what texts have not been translated yet and what the text in the original language was
- Translate system texts like validation and progress messages
- Quickly translate texts throughout the application in one overview
- Ensure consistency within one language by analyzing all texts in one overview
- Find spelling errors quickly and improve the consistency of the texts in your application
- Supports multiple time, currency, number notations
- Supports multiple calendars
- Can cope with different time zones