Nearly a week after the close of Mendix World 2014, the energy and buzz from the event is still palpable. It was by far our biggest and best Mendix World yet—and we owe it all to our passionate community of users, customers and partners. On behalf of the entire Mendix team, thank you!
More than 1,500 people packed the historic Cruise Terminal in Rotterdam over the two-day event. From inspiring keynotes to customer-lead Solution tracks and best practices-filled Expert tracks, the agenda featured something for everybody. All in, we had 52 speakers, including keynotes from Capgemini, Business Development Bank of Canada, BAM Infratechniek, Gartner, Accenture and of course our CEO Derek Roos and CTO Johan den Haan.
And there were was our Partner Market, which along with goodies from our 18 sponsors, offered nonstop networking plus an endless array of food, drinks and entertainment. On that last note, we made sure that Mendix World was as fun as it was informative, with everything from an F1 simulator to an oxygen bar to foosball tables and vintage arcade games. And who can forget the stunning sunset views during the cocktail hour or dancing to one of the top DJ/sax combos in Europe!
I hope you shared in the excitement at Mendix World 2014. Feel free to leave a comment below with your impressions of the event. And check out the photos and content below for additional highlights. We hope to see you next time!
Mendix World Photos
If you missed Mendix World 2014 or simply want to relive the highlights, check out the Flickr album below. If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then 90 pictures should capture the vibe and energy of the event.
Mendix World Blog Coverage
Lastly, I would be remiss if I didn’t also point out all the great Mendix World coverage on our blog. Dive into the trends, success stories and best practices shared by our amazing speakers.
- Mendix World Hackathon: Building Innovative Apps That Help Give Back to Children
- Mendix World 2014: CEO Says Every Company Is a Software Company
- Agile IT Enables the Agile Business
- Mendix CTO: Time to Take Cloud Apps to Higher Level of Abstraction
- Monetizing Big Data through Apps and Services
- The Rise of the Citizen Developer
- Building Enterprise Applications to Size and Scale
- Hackathon Winners Illustrate App Dev’s New Level Playing Field
- Mendix World 2014: Bringing IT and Business Minds Together