Enterprise adoption and continued expansion of existing customers fuels 123 percent bookings growth in Q4
BOSTON – January 9, 2017 – Mendix, the fastest and easiest platform for Rapid Application Development, today announced record 2016 results with 78 percent global bookings growth compared to 2015, including 123 percent year-over-year growth in Q4. Nearly 4,000 organizations now use the Mendix platform to build and continuously improve apps at unprecedented speed and scale.
“As I look back on 2016, I’m invigorated by the conversations I’ve had with CIOs and Enterprise Architects looking to rapid application development platforms to speed innovation and business transformation,” said Derek Roos, CEO at Mendix. “An increasing number of Fortune 500 companies are using Mendix as their Enterprise Innovation Platform, and I’m delighted that our technology and team are helping companies innovate and compete with apps.”
- Bookings Growth – Mendix celebrated record global bookings in 2016, with 78 percent growth compared to 2015 and 123 percent YoY growth in Q4.
- Enterprise Adoption – In 2016, Mendix saw a 185 percent increase in the number of enterprise organizations with revenue above $1 billion using Mendix to develop applications. New customers include ABN Amro, Damco, DHL, ING, KLM, Philips Electronics and U.C. Berkeley.
- Developer Community Growth – More than 10,000 developers joined the Mendix community in 2016, with everyone from business-savvy coders to tech-savvy business analysts building mobile and web apps on the low-code platform.
- Mendix 7 – Mendix 7 was launched with more than 50 innovations, including easy-to-implement connectors to IoT, machine learning and cognitive services; a Web Modeler that enables business users to easily create applications and collaborate with developers; and expanded capabilities for delivering native mobile experiences.
- Multi-Cloud Deployment – Mendix continued to address the needs of CIOs for multi-cloud flexibility, with a new release of the Cloud Foundry-based Mendix Cloud providing built-in application resilience and high availability, and Docker support to enable application deployment in a virtual private cloud.
- Mendix World – The flagship event drew more than 2,700 CIOs, enterprise architects and business leaders looking to discover the future of digital innovation. Premier sponsors included AWS, IBM, Pivotal, Capgemini, First Consulting and KPN.
Talent and Culture Momentum
- Mendix maintained its rapid pace of investment in 2016 with 45 percent year-over-year growth in team size across its offices in Boston, Rotterdam and London. Key hires included:
- Pranshu Tewari, CMO – Tewari most recently served as Vice President of Marketing in Dell’s Software Group.
- Eric Poley, VP of Sales, North America – Poley joined Mendix after building enterprise SaaS sales teams for Salesforce, Veracode and JW Player.
- Gordon Van Huizen, VP of Platform Strategy – Van Huizen previously held CTO roles at DSI and Progress Software, and also served as Research Director for Mobile Application Development at Gartner, Inc.
- Mendix was ranked as the Top Rated Tech Employer in 2016 by Glassdoor. The top 10 list, which also includes companies like Google, Microsoft and Uber, was based on employee reviews on Glassdoor between May 2015 and May 2016.
Analyst and Industry Recognition
- Gartner – For the second straight year, Mendix was named a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrants for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service (aPaaS) and Mobile Application Development Platforms (MADP).
- Forrester – Mendix was named a Leader in “The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms.” According to the report, “Mendix is notable as the only vendor in this set to base its product on the Cloud Foundry platform, giving it intriguing opportunities to partner with large distributors of that technology to drive enterprise adoption.”
- Industry Awards – Mendix and its customers won, or were nominated for, numerous awards, including the CIO 100 Awards, Computing Vendor Excellence Awards, UK IT Industry Awards, Constellation Supernova Awards, Computable Awards and Post Digital Insurance Awards.
Mendix is the fastest and easiest platform to build and continuously improve Mobile and Web applications that enable innovation. Recognized as a Visionary for two consecutive years by Gartner, we help our customers digitally transform their organizations and industries by building, managing and improving apps at unprecedented speed and scale. Nearly 4,000 forward-thinking organizations, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck and Philips, use our platform to build business applications to delight their customers and empower their employees.
Start building apps for free at www.mendix.com/try-now/ and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.