Made by you, powered by Mendix.
Mendix helps the world's largest organizations create innovative applications at speed and scale.
Reduces budget request processing time from hours to minutes
“Maker Club” supports business employees as they build their own apps
- Continental is a global leader in automotive technology. Their 241,000+ global employees drive €44.5 billion in annual sales across tire, electronics, engine component, and software products.
- Facing an array of legacy applications reaching end-of-life, the Finance IT team sought a modern platform to modernize this landscape, and to ultimately enable business teams across Continental to build their own applications.
- Among Continental’s 11 applications is Electronic Capital Request (eCR), a 300-story project delivered in 12 weeks, rather than one year, supporting 10,000 global users as they process budget requests and approvals.
Terrorism Data Capture App
£280,000 in efficiency savings per year through integration and process improvement
Built in 7 days, transforms over 63,000 selfies per year into life insurance quotes
- Zurich Insurance, a 146-year-old insurance company, turns to agile development and low-code to execute on its three strategic goals: customer centricity, simplification, and innovation
- The DevOps Team at Zurich is partially staffed with former Business Analysts – developers with a keen awareness of business requirements, but little to no traditional coding expertise
- By embracing strong product ownership from the business to ensure first-time-right solutions, and by using low-code to develop their solutions, Zurich is realizing multiple million pounds of business value per year from its app portfolio
New Business Generated
£500k in net new revenue in 3 months after pricing tool launch
Customer Acquisition Costs
Divided by five when shifted to digital interactions
- SUEZ, among the world’s largest water, electricity, and waste management companies, sought to offer its UK customers modern digital experiences and give its business the means to eliminate wasteful processes
- A key initiative for SUEZ was to enable e-commerce, transitioning its customer interactions to digital channels that supported both the retention of key enterprise accounts and the acquisition of smaller accounts, previously acquired through door-to-door sales
- Ultimately, SUEZ were able to deliver a fully integrated e-commerce portal for waste management services quotes in just three months, delivering £500k in new business in its first three months at 1/5th of the customer acquisition cost
End-to-end banking platform created in just five months
€235,354,500 in loans placed
- Founded by two veterans of banking, Collin Crowdfund was created to support Dutch entrepreneurs with funding, and investors with an intriguing, well-vetted investment opportunity.
- The Collin Crowdfund platform is comprehensive, a fit-for-purpose application that provides both end-to-end automated support for entrepreneurs and their funding needs, and a one-stop-shop portal for individuals to vet and invest in these opportunities.
- 99.5% of loans placed on the Collin Crowdfund platform are fully funded, to the tune of €235,354,500 since the company’s inception.
Single-day Ticket Sales
$700,000 increase with IoT Turnstiles
50% Increase with Attendee Transparency
- New Orleans-based Solomon Group is an entertainment production company, specializing in large events like the NCAA Playoff Kickoff and the Essence Festival
- Already an industry leader in event management tasks like lighting, sound, and ticketing, Solomon Group added custom development to further differentiate itself in the market
- Using Mendix, Solomon Group delivers fit-for-purpose apps that increase their clients’ ticket sales, manage vendors, please VIPs, and improve event navigation
30 months with C# vs. 8 months with Low-code
Loan Processing Time
Now as low as 20 to 30 minutes
- Founded to make Canada the best place in the world to start a business, BDC aimed to modernize its core to better support entrepreneurs
- Despite over 100 integration points, and a highly mission-critical use case, the Core Lending System was developed alongside the business in just 8 months
- With a new agile way of working successfully adopted, the team continually enhances their lending core, alongside building tools that help Canadian entrepreneurs build more productive, successful businesses
Smart Office Application
Digitized services for 36 departments and 13,000 employees
One-stop-shop for government services, visited by 1.5 million people per month
- The Municipality of Dubai, a global crossroads with over 3.3 million residents, was faced with a mandate from their government to eliminate all paper-based government transactions by 2021.
- The municipality’s team, supported by a partner, digitized 250 paper-based services in just 3 months, integrating services like a rules engine, digital signature, and even Amazon Alexa, used by 36 departments and over 13,000 municipal employees.
- Also created by the team was a municipal services portal, a “single pane of glass” by which the municipality’s citizens and businesses could transact business with their government, bearing over 1.5 million page views per month.
Average of 30%, as high as $15mm/yr
Kermit Development Time
9 months with only 1 developer
- Founded by former medical device salespeople, Kermit was founded to return the balance of power to hospitals, initially providing consulting to help hospitals cope with out-of-control and opaque spending, followed by a software product to make these savings “stick”
- Kermit is the industry’s first software product to enforce evidence-based financial controls for physician preferred item spend
- Initially anticipated to take 12 months and 10 developers to create, Kermit was developed in 9 months with just one developer, now delivering multi-million-dollar savings to the hospitals that adopt it
Customized COTS – Quoted 5 years, $8M Built on Mendix – 6 months, 6 figures
Lab Management App
Over $1M in new revenue per year
- NC State, a land grant university, has delivered non-credit courses to the citizens of North Carolina for over 150 years, now processing over 500,000 course registrations per year
- The team has built REPORTER, a non-credit course registration app to streamline both registration and compliance for classes and seminars like Six Sigma and agricultural training, and a Lab Management solution that cuts administration time by 2/3rds
- One of NC State’s developers, Jordan Boyle, started as a student intern on the IT team studying Finance and is now among the most productive Mendix developers on the globe despite lacking a traditional programming background
Developer Onboarding Time
5 months to 4 weeks
$10m spent on previous approach
- Founded to provide IT services to the utility industry, Avertra found over time that utilities share processes that would be best served by SaaS products
- After spending over $10 million on its previous approach to building SaaS products, Avertra chose Mendix to re-start development
- With low-code, Avertra has significantly reduced its product delivery and developer onboarding time, while offering its customers best-of-breed architecture and services
Won 1.2 Million Smart Meter Installations
End-to-end software solution from customer request to field installation
Idea to MVP in 2 Days, lending price transparency to construction managers in the field
- The Netherlands’ largest construction company, with 27,000 employees and over €7.4B of revenue, uses low-code to find new markets and ensure operational excellence
- Low-code supports BAM’s digital construction initiative – “building it before building it” by delivering supporting software for employees and contractors before shovels hit the dirt
- BAM Infra’s application portfolio supports a wide array of use cases, from winning installation contracts, to finding hundreds of thousands of euros in efficiencies, to innovation projects that seek to transform the way projects are run
Quoted 3 years, £12mm to build; built with Mendix, 6 months, £250k
5/5 UK Care Quality Rating
Saga made top rating in all five UK Care Quality categories
- The UK’s leading elder advocate expands from offering financial services, insurance, and travel, to offering high-quality home healthcare.
- Built SACHA, a caregiver-to-patient tool, automatically scheduling caregivers to patients, increasing scheduling efficiency by 10x.
Growth in online transactions from 2% to 50% in just three years
On Track to Deliver Target
Confident in hitting 75% of transactions online by 2020
- Knowsley Council, a UK borough of 148,000 residents, was faced with over £100 million in central government cuts due to austerity, forcing the council to review the services it provides and how they are delivered
- The borough looked to Channel Shift; changing customer interaction channels from costly in-person and by-phone paradigms toward digital interactions to save costs, but found that with a 30% cut in IT staff, traditional development would be too resource-intensive
- By adopting low-code, and with strong product ownership from the Customer Services team, Knowsley Council was able to hit their 3-year channel shift target, reducing reliance on £9 in-person visits and £4 phone calls, in favor of £0.17 online interactions
Granite Telecommunications Creates Transformative Apps to Support a Growing Business
How Enexis is Delivering Applications at Scale on Mendix
Mendix Powers Vision Direct Group towards Digital Transformation
VGZ Health Insurance App – A Digital Transformation Built on Mendix
UPenn Builds Custom App in a Week to Support Research Lab’s Unique Business Functions
Tools4Legal Application Helps Legal Departments Cut Administrative Time in Half
TNT Express Global Associates Customer Care Gains Agility with Mendix
Managing Unique Workflows & Business Processes