Mendix Vs. OutSystemsDevelopment speed is a key reason for adopting a Low-Code platform, but focusing on speed alone doesn’t translate to the agility and scale your enterprise needs in a digital world. Mendix brings together business stakeholders, developers, and specialists to collaborate throughout the application development lifecycle. Development is faster and more efficient because the business and IT combine their domain expertise during application creation. Application quality is significantly higher because requirements and outcomes are in alignment. And total cost of ownership is lower because adopting an agile and iterative process reduces re-work after applications go live.
Enable Collaborative Application Lifecycle Management
Increasing application project success requires the business to be in lock-step with the end-to-end application lifecycle. Without integrated collaboration tools, expectations between what customers need and what developers deliver remain misaligned and impact overall business performance.
Mendix is the only low-code platform that brings your business and IT teams together so you build the apps your business needs with:
Open and transparent requirements management flowing through every part of the platform to support an agile and iterative approach to application development.
Purpose built development environments sharing a common model complement the mindset of the business to create applications through the web alongside professional developers with the skillset to build complex enterprise applications using a fully integrated toolset. Integrated messaging and collaborative development capabilities enable business and IT developers to iterate in real-time enhancing application quality and shortening time to market.
The Mendix mobile application enables agility and open communication with social feed capabilities for users to share comments directly with the development team during testing and validation. Developers get the message and make rapid changes in real time vs. waiting to receive feedback after the app has been deployed into production.
Every Mendix application deploys with an integrated feedback module turned on by default. The voice of the customer is the key to application adoption because you need to know how they feel to achieve success and advantage. Feedback captured through the Mendix feedback module flows throughout the entire platform, enabling developers to communicate directly with users, review items in the portal, prioritize them into requirements, and address them in the modelers.
No other low-code platform implements end-to-end collaborative application lifecycle management like Mendix.
Increase developer supply to meet application demand
The talent shortage for software engineers shows no signs of slowing. Colleges aren’t graduating computer science students in numbers to fill the 400,000+ open software engineering roles today. Compounding the problem is the ever-increasing demand for new applications within the enterprise to remain competitive in a software driven world. Focusing only on making your existing pool of developers faster may help drive down backlog in the short-term, but it doesn’t relieve the pressure in the long term. The better approach is to choose a low-code platform designed to support a continuum of developers to build applications. Mendix provides purpose-built development environments to make it easy enough for the business to build applications without needing technical skills while supplying professional developers with a comprehensive development toolset capable of tackling the toughest application development challenges.
The Developer Continuum
Mendix Web Modeler
Engage the business in application development with the web modeler.
- Create applications with engaging user interfaces with no code
- Drag and Drop UI, Logic, and Data
- Accelerate learning and development with AI assisted guidance
- Collaborate with professional developers to implement advanced features
Mendix Desktop Modeler
Deliver a first-class development environment for professional developers.
- Build sophisticated mobile, web, and multi-channel applications with a feature-rich low-code IDE
- Low-level control allows building apps and extensions through code IDEs like Eclipse using a comprehensive API toolset
- Architect microservices and integrations with ease using OData, REST, SOAP, and Plugin SDK
- Share best practice with citizen developers and help complete enterprise applications
Maximize extensibility and openness
Connecting people and giving them the right tools go a long way toward realizing the agility and scale you need to digitize your enterprise. Selecting a platform that supports modern architecture principles and enables DevOps automation in your existing toolchains and workloads is paramount to maximizing agility and scale throughout the application lifecycle.
Mendix leads the way because it is:
- Built using open standards including Scala, Java, HTML5, CSS3, React, OpenAPI, OData, and REST to support seamless integration and extensibility for now and into the future.
- Cloud native architecture of the Mendix cloud includes high availability, horizontal and vertical scaling, and automatic failover and fall back out of the box.
- Enables developers to build an application once and deploy it on-premises, to public or private clouds, or a combination multi-cloud scenarios using CloudFoundry or Docker and Kubernetes build packs.
- The low-code partner of choice for SAP and IBM, offering connectivity to application services, standards-based data integrations, application templates, single sign-on, and 1-click deployment to their cloud platforms.