Mendix Named a Visionary for Second Year in a Row in Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service, Worldwide
BOSTON – March 28, 2016 – Mendix, a leading application Platform-as-a-Service (aPaaS) provider, announced it was once again named a Visionary in the Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service, Worldwide” report (March 2016). Mendix believes the recognition solidifies its platform’s standing as the fastest way to turn ideas into applications, helping organizations drive digital innovation and transformation.
This is the third year Gartner has evaluated the Enterprise Application Platform as a Service (aPaaS) technology landscape. Mendix was positioned as a Visionary for the second consecutive year due to its ability to execute and its completeness of vision.
According to the report, “In the aPaaS market, the visionary vendors include many of the classic enterprise software vendors as they invest to reinvent themselves for the next generation of application developers. Generally, visionary vendors are investing in leading-edge enterprise aPaaS services not yet readily adopted by mainstream enterprise customers; thereby adding support for capabilities such as big data and stream analytics, IoT, event-driven and in-memory platforms, and offline mobile computing. Other Visionaries excel in understanding enterprise demands on the road to cloud adoption and support: high productivity for LOB users; polyglot high-control and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) through containers for IT developers; integration, orchestration and API management for composite application services; and self-service management for hybrid application deployments.”
Mendix is uniquely positioned to help organizations accelerate their digital transformation and capitalize on opportunities created by the convergence of cloud, mobile, analytics and IoT. The platform’s high-productivity aPaaS capabilities empower small cross-functional teams to build apps six times faster and with 70 percent fewer resources than traditional approaches. At the same time, Mendix’s support for Cloud Foundry enables high-control extensions, along with deployment flexibility and easy access to a host of big data, analytics and IoT services from cloud vendors. As a result, companies can build smart, contextually aware apps that digitize their operations, customer engagement and business models.
“We believe being recognized once again as a Visionary in the Gartner aPaaS Magic Quadrant shows that we are delivering on our promises to help customers transform their businesses through fast, flexible delivery of web, mobile and IoT apps,” said Derek Roos, CEO and co-founder of Mendix. “In this on-demand environment, enterprises need to act quickly, before opportunities vanish, and the Mendix platform allows them to accomplish things they couldn’t otherwise using conventional development approaches.”
Recent Mendix Platform Innovations
Focused on continuously meeting emerging aPaaS market requirements, Mendix recently launched the following platform innovations:
- Offline mobile – First-of-its-kind rapid mobile app development (RMAD) with out-of-the-box offline mobile support, enabling developers to easily build offline mobile apps
- OData Support – Support for the open protocol enables the simple creation and consumption of query-able and interoperable RESTful APIs for data
- Model API and platform SDK – An industry-first model API that publishes the metadata of Mendix models, eliminating vendor lock-in and opening the platform to ecosystem innovation
- Mendix UI Framework – A comprehensive set of UI patterns, themes, navigation layouts and page templates, making it easier for developers to build beautiful, responsive apps
- Mendix Application Quality Monitor – A cloud service for proactively monitoring the quality of Mendix application models, improving maintainability and reducing lifecycle costs
- Cloud Foundry Resilience – Out-of-the-box resilience services for applications running on Cloud Foundry, simplifying configuration for high availability, failover, and scalability
Download the Gartner aPaaS Magic Quadrant
The 2016 “Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service, Worldwide” report is available for download.
- Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms”
- White Paper: Your Guide to the Mendix Platform
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service, Worldwide, (Paul Vincent, Yefim V. Natis, Kimihiko Iijima, Anne Thomas, Rob Dunie, Mark Driver), March 24, 2016.
Senior Director, Global Communications