Mendix Ignites Digital Innovation with Integrated Developer Experience on AWS
The Fastest Way to Build Modern Digital Applications Now Available in the AWS Marketplace, with Seamless AWS Resource Integration and Deployment
BOSTON – October 1, 2015 – Mendix, a leader in driving digital innovation and provider of application Platform-as-a-Service (aPaaS), today announced the availability of Mendix in Amazon Web Services Marketplace (AWS Marketplace). Mendix helps enterprises accelerate digital innovation by empowering more users, including citizen developers, to quickly build modern, multi-channel applications on AWS.
According to Gartner, Inc., “Demand for new apps and services from tech-savvy employees is increasingly outstripping the IT organization’s capacity to meet the growing needs, leading to more self-service.” The report states, “the IT organization will, of course, continue to support enterprise and critical systems, but it needs to adapt its role to support shadow IT activities (although a key goal is to bring these out of the shadows, and embrace them as a capability to be exploited).”1
Mendix on AWS enables enterprises to respond to growing demands for Digital Innovation and Transformation by allowing business and IT to collaborate to rapidly build modern digital applications. Mendix’s visual, model-driven development approach enables a wider population of users, including a new breed of business engineers, to quickly build multi-channel applications. Small, cross-functional teams work in short, iterative cycles, building functionality, sharing it, and iterating based on user feedback.
“Mendix is a pioneer in cloud-based rapid application delivery, offering an innovative approach that brings business and IT together to innovate new digital applications,” said Barry Russell, Head of Global Business Development, AWS Marketplace, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “We are excited that the Mendix platform is now available in AWS Marketplace. Its ability to increase the speed and agility of developers, while making complex development not only possible but simpler for technical business users, is a great win for AWS customers.”
- Mendix Available in AWS Marketplace
- AWS customers have 1-Click® access to Mendix in AWS Marketplace and can immediately get started with free or commercial editions (AWS usage fees apply).
- The Mendix Free Edition provides a full-production platform for building and deploying unlimited applications, up to 10 users each. Apps run in the Mendix cloud, which runs on AWS and leverages Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) for file storage and Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) for data storage.
- The Mendix Pro Edition is available as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI), allowing AWS users to seamlessly leverage these capabilities as part of their existing AWS corporate account. The Pro Edition is available in multiple user bands, based on the number of application users required.
- Integrated Developer Experience
- Mendix’s integrated developer experience provides 1-Click® access to AWS resources from directly within Mendix’s visual modeling environment.
- AWS resources supported by Mendix include Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) and Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS).
- Mendix developers can select AWS resources based on their access rights within the organization’s AWS account. Applications run within the organization’s AWS setup and utilize services from the corporate AWS account.
“Mendix on AWS is delivering a powerful innovation engine for enterprises looking to make software a defining characteristic of their business,” said Derek Roos, CEO and co-founder of Mendix. “Customers tell us Mendix is the fastest way to build modern apps on AWS, and we are excited about the potential for Mendix on AWS to unleash a tidal wave of digital applications that help even more companies compete and win in their markets.”
Witness the power of Mendix on AWS at AWS re:Invent 2015
Mendix will showcase its rapid application development capabilities and integrated developer experience for AWS at AWS re:Invent 2015, October 6 – 9, 2015 in Las Vegas. A bronze event sponsor, Mendix will be located at booth #438.
To learn more about Mendix for AWS, visit https://www.mendix.com/aws.
1 Gartner, Inc., “(What to Do When) Every Employee Is a Digital Employee,” April 17, 2015, Matthew W. Cain and Simon Mingay
Connect with Mendix
Mendix, a Siemens business and the global leader in low-code and no-code application development for the enterprise, is fundamentally reinventing the way applications are built in the digital enterprise. With the Mendix platform, enterprises can 'Make with More,' by broadening an enterprise's development capability to conquer the software development bottleneck; 'Make it Smart,' by making apps with rich native experiences that are intelligent, proactive, and contextual; and 'Make at Scale,' to modernize core systems and build large app portfolios to keep pace with business growth. The Mendix platform is built to promote intense collaboration between business and IT teams, and dramatically accelerate application development cycles, while maintaining the highest standards of security, quality, and governance — in short, to help enterprises confidently leap into their digital futures. Mendix's 'Go Make It' platform has been adopted by more than 4,000 leading companies around the world.
Senior Director, Global Communications