Mendix on Tour Conference Comes to London – “The Future of App Dev”
The UK’s largest event dedicated to no code and low code, the technologies driving next-generation software development and business innovation
Hear from and speak with leading app dev experts, Mendix customers, and others making digital ideas come to life by challenging conventional development approaches and realising the future today
LONDON – JUNE 13th, 2019 – Mendix, a Siemens business, is the global leader in Visual Software Development (VSD), a category also known as no-code or low-code for the enterprise, today announced Mendix on Tour, the foremost UK event dedicated to “The Future of App Development.”
Taking place on July 2 at King’s Place, London, Mendix on Tour is the must-attend one-day experience for IT and business leaders curious about challenging conventional approaches to application development and making any digital idea they can imagine possible.
“In the UK, and globally, there is a severe shortage of seasoned and experienced developers able to meet the ever-increasing demand for new software” said Nick Ford, chief evangelist, Mendix. “We must break free from the thinking that businesses need to rely on professional developers to fill this gap. In reality, every company has plenty of people with the skills and appetite to make new digital projects come to life. By enabling everyone to take part in building new software, Mendix is the only rapid development platform that enables true collaboration across the enterprise.”
“From enterprise-grade apps that help factories run more efficiently to simple tools that save time, no code and low code are transformational leaps in how businesses can build software at incredible speed and scale” said Derek Roos, CEO, Mendix. “With no code and low code dramatically improving development time-to-market, the next step forward is incorporating artificial intelligence into the app dev process. By using AI to increase accuracy and reduce defects, we can extend the abilities of both new and seasoned developers even further to deliver software that has a measurable impact on the bottom-line.”
Gartner analysts predict that by 2022 at least 40% of new application development projects will use virtual AI co-developers on the team.
Mendix on Tour is the best opportunity this year to hear from no code and low code industry experts; British businesses already driving remarkable results using low code; Mendix executives; technology partners; and much more. Highlights of this day full of networking, knowledge sharing, and peer-driven thought-leadership include:
- Meet the makers – The opportunity to speak with IT experts from leading corporations, such as Royal Mencap and Zurich, on how they’ve used no code and low code to drive operational efficiencies, increase customer engagement, and bring innovative products to market faster than through conventional app development.
- Learn from the experts – With an extensive talk track, attendees can hear industry experts share updates on recent research, new technologies, and emerging trends in the application development space. Talks include;
- The state of the UK application development landscape
- The future of mobile app dev
- The Citizen Developer — delivering business value faster by involving more ‘makers’ in your organisation
- Avoiding the status quo — driving organisational change through low-code
- Overcoming SAP S4/HANA migration challenges
- Working low code into the university curriculum
- ‘Art of the Possible’ hackathon – Experience low code in real time. If you have experience developing applications and want some hands-on action to experience how low code can drive digital innovation and transformation, register for the hackathon here.
- Make new contacts – Attendees can build their professional and social networks as they interact, exchange information, share a coffee or beer with other attendees, Mendix solution partners, industry experts, and existing members of the Mendix Maker Community.
To register for this important conference visit: https://ww2.mendix.com/MxOnTour-Future-of-App-Dev.html
To join the Mendix on Tour conversation on Twitter use #MOTUK2019
 Gartner 2018 – Prepare for Automation’s Impact on Application Development
Connect with Mendix
Mendix, a Siemens business and the global leader in low-code and no-code application development for the enterprise, is fundamentally reinventing the way applications are built in the digital enterprise. With the Mendix platform, enterprises can 'Make with More,' by broadening an enterprise's development capability to conquer the software development bottleneck; 'Make it Smart,' by making apps with rich native experiences that are intelligent, proactive, and contextual; and 'Make at Scale,' to modernize core systems and build large app portfolios to keep pace with business growth. The Mendix platform is built to promote intense collaboration between business and IT teams, and dramatically accelerate application development cycles, while maintaining the highest standards of security, quality, and governance — in short, to help enterprises confidently leap into their digital futures. Mendix's 'Go Make It' platform has been adopted by more than 4,000 leading companies around the world.
Senior Director, Global Communications