Mendix Solidifies Market Leadership in High Productivity aPaaS Market with Analyst Accolades and High Double-Digit Growth in Q1
Continued Strong Adoption in the Enterprise Fuels Strong Growth Worldwide, including 209% Year-over-Year Growth in the U.K.
BOSTON – May 8, 2017 – Mendix, the fastest and easiest platform for creating and continuously improving mobile and web applications, today announced continued strength in business momentum in Q1 2017, including recognition as a Leader by Gartner and Forrester.
Mendix reported high double-digit growth in global bookings compared to Q1 2016, including a 209 percent increase in the U.K. The bookings growth was driven by new clients adopting Mendix to change the way they deliver applications and existing customers building out Centers of Excellence to deliver a portfolio of mobile and web applications that change their operations at scale. Global organizations such as CasinoSoft LLC, Cargolux Airlines, Prudential Life Assurance, SUEZ, Veriforce LLC and Zurich, are using the Mendix platform to realize unprecedented time to value for applications that deliver better customer experiences, improve operational efficiency, and grow revenue through new products and services.
“We adopted the Mendix platform to serve as an agile layer on top of our core system, mobile and online banking platforms, enabling us to quickly develop differentiating applications and compete with much larger financial institutions,” said Kevin Randall, CIO at USALLIANCE. “Using Mendix, we delivered a self-service portal in three days that integrates seamlessly with our current systems, creating a smoother customer experience for our members using our digital channels, and alleviating demands on our call center staff. We’ve increased our pace of innovation, which has been a win-win for our members, employees and IT team.”
“Today’s market leaders are putting high-productivity application platforms at the core of their business strategy,” said Derek Roos, CEO at Mendix. “Businesses across all industries must constantly find new ways to innovate in a world where technology has made it very easy for small disruptors to upend established business models. Global enterprises are using the Mendix platform to transform how they build applications, taking them quickly from ideas to large-scale production to meet customer demands and stay ahead of competition. I’m excited to see our platform’s ability to deliver unmatched time to value be recognized with our placement as a Leader in Gartner’s new Magic Quadrant for Enterprise High Productivity Application Platform as a Service.”
Analyst and Industry Recognition
- Gartner High Productivity aPaaS Magic Quadrant – Mendix was named a Leader in the Gartner “2017 Magic Quadrant for High Productivity Enterprise Application Platform as a Service” report, achieving the furthest overall position for completeness of vision.
- Forrester Mobile Low-Code Platforms Wave – Mendix was also recognized as a Leader in “The Forrester Wave™ Mobile Low-Code Development Platforms, Q1 2017”, tying for the highest scores in 11 criteria, including mobile offline; data access and management; content and collaboration; quality assurance and feedback management; security controls and app management; and app scaling and performance. According to the report, “the Mendix platform includes mobile capabilities that are frequently sought by tech management teams, such as an embedded enterprise app store, flexible deployment options, and broad reporting capabilities.”
- CRN’s top Cloud Computing Vendors – Mendix was named one of the “20 Coolest Cloud Platform and Development Vendors of the 2017”, based on Glassdoor scores of employees who would recommend the company to a friend and who approve of the CEO.
Strategic Partnerships to Accelerate Digital Transformation in the Enterprise
- Box – Box and Mendix announced a partnership to provide a fast, easy way to build custom web and mobile apps that operationalize Box content and make it available in any business process on any device. Mendix and Box are jointly developing reusable industry solutions to address common business processes, such as project planning, field worker enablement, case management, claims management, and clinical trial management.
- IBM – During the IBM Interconnect conference attended by more than 20,000 IT leaders, Mendix was invited to show how Enterprises can leverage emerging technologies like IoT and Blockchain quickly and with ease. Mendix is the only high-productivity platform that offers one-click deployment on IBM Bluemix and enables developers to leverage IBM Watson services (e.g. IoT, Blockchain and cognitive services) as native actions in the platform through drag-and-drop connectors. A video of the demo is available
Developer Community Growth
- The Mendix Developer Community continued its strong growth, up 33 percent year over year. More than 40,000 users across 4,000 global organizations are actively using Mendix to build business apps, share reusable components, and respond to user questions. This vibrant community of innovators continues to provide great technical talent for IT organizations to pull from when building out their Center of Excellence.
Connect with Mendix
Mendix, a Siemens business and the global leader in no-code/low-code application development for the enterprise, is fundamentally reinventing the way applications are built in the digital enterprise. With the Mendix no-code/low-code platform, enterprises can ‘Make with More,’ by broadening an enterprise’s development capability to conquer the software development bottleneck; ‘Make it Smart,’ by making apps with rich native experiences that are intelligent, proactive, and contextual; and ‘Make at Scale,’ to modernize core systems and build large app portfolios to keep pace with business growth. The Mendix platform is built to promote intense collaboration between business and IT teams, and dramatically accelerate application development cycles, while maintaining the highest standards of security, quality, and governance — in short, to help enterprises confidently leap into their digital futures. Mendix’s ‘Go Make It’ platform has been adopted by more than 4,000 leading companies around the world.
Senior Director, Global Communications