Momentum Continues to Accelerate as Mendix Achieves Record H1 Results Driven by Platform Innovation and Customer Adoption
Leading Cloud-Based Rapid Application Delivery Platform Now Empowers Nearly 3,000 Organizations to Innovate and Compete with Web, Mobile and Smart Apps
BOSTON – July 21, 2016 – Mendix, the leading cloud platform for Rapid Application Development and Delivery, today announced record first half results, including triple-digit bookings growth in the United Kingdom and North America. The Mendix platform was enhanced with more than 50 innovations, including out-of-the-box drag-and-drop connectors to IoT, big data and machine learning services that enable enterprises to easily build Smart Apps and leverage their connected devices, data and algorithms. Thanks to this continued platform innovation, nearly 3,000 organizations worldwide are now using Mendix to digitize their experiences, products and operations.
“With Digital Transformation now a Board-level priority, the focus for IT and business leaders is no longer ‘why’ but ‘how.’ For this reason, we’re seeing unprecedented demand for our Rapid Application Delivery Platform,” said Derek Roos, CEO and co-founder of Mendix. “Backed by a best practices-based methodology, Mendix is the only platform that brings business users and IT teams together to turn ideas into new software applications faster and easier than any other approach. Using our platform, many of our customers are seeing 10 times faster application development cycles with 30 percent lower costs.”
Mendix’s first half achievements include:
- Bookings Growth – Mendix saw strong bookings growth in each of its principal sales regions. Traction was particularly strong in the United Kingdom, with 121 percent growth, and North America, where bookings grew 137 percent over H1 2015 to an all-time high.
- Customer Adoption – Organizations across many industries and geographies continued to adopt Mendix as a strategic platform to rapidly deliver a portfolio of applications that digitize their experiences, products and operations. As a result, the total number of organizations using Mendix grew 108 percent over H1 2015. New customers include AFI KLM Engineering & Maintenance (E&M), Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Dubai Roads & Transport Authority, eXp Realty LLC, Philips Electronics Nederland B.V., St. Kitts & Nevis Office of Information and Technology and Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network.
- Highest Rated Tech Employer – According to new research by Glassdoor, Mendix is the highest-rated tech employer in the Netherlands. The top 10 list, which also includes companies like Google, Microsoft and Uber, was based on employee reviews on Glassdoor between May 2015 and May 2016.
- Mendix World 2016 – The flagship customer event attendance grew over 100 percent and drew more than 2,700 CIOs and business leaders looking to discover the future of digital innovation, and understand the vast business opportunities enabled by deploying Smart Apps, which were unveiled in the latest Mendix platform.
NC State University is a great example of an organization that is quickly moving towards strategic platform adoption. A small team delivered its first application, a non-credit registration system, in just three months, in a fraction of the time and cost compared to alternative approaches NC State examined. The university is now exploring additional ways to leverage the platform, from building a lab management system to migrating a series of custom Java apps.
“With so many unique processes that cannot be served with off-the-shelf software, there is no shortage of needs for Mendix within NC State,” said Gwen Hazlehurst, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Enterprise Application Services at NC State University. “Our vision is to provide each of the 10 colleges that make up the university with a central platform that enables them to quickly build whatever they need, when they need it.”
- Mendix 7 – Mendix 7 is the fastest and easiest way to build Smart Apps and enable Digital Transformation in enterprises. Packed with more than 50 innovations, Mendix 7 includes drag-and-drop connectors to best-in-class IoT, big data and machine learning services; a Web Modeler that ignites creativity by enabling more users to collaboratively design and develop applications; and expanded capabilities to deliver a native mobile experience.
- Analyst Recognition – Mendix was named a Leader in “The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms, Q2 2016” and a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrants for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service (aPaaS) and Mobile Application Development Platforms (MADP) for the second year in a row.
- Industry Awards – Mendix won a Computing Vendor Excellence Award in the mobile app development category, based on the success of customer Springer Healthcare. The publisher built a multi-channel application for global sales and operations staff in just 12 weeks, versus an estimated 12 months using traditional coding techniques.
- IBM Partnership – Mendix provides the only integrated rapid application delivery experience on IBM Bluemix. With just one click, developers can deploy Mendix apps in any of Bluemix’s hybrid options: public, dedicated or local. Mendix also provides native, drag-and-drop connectors to IBM Watson services, including AlchemyVision, Text to Speech, Visual Recognition and Dialog.
“By putting Mendix on the IBM Cloud, developers can now speed up the delivery of modern digital applications,” said Adam Gunther, Program Director, Bluemix, IBM. “This puts our customers in prime position to capitalize on new business opportunities unlocked by cloud, mobile, analytics and IoT.”
Connect with Mendix
Mendix, a Siemens business and the global leader in enterprise low-code, is fundamentally reinventing the way applications are built in the digital enterprise. With the Mendix platform, enterprises can ‘Make with More,’ by broadening an enterprise’s development capability to conquer the software development bottleneck; ‘Make it Smart,’ by making apps with rich native experiences that are intelligent, proactive, and contextual; and ‘Make at Scale,’ to modernize core systems and build large app portfolios to keep pace with business growth. The Mendix platform is built to promote intense collaboration between business and IT teams and dramatically accelerate application development cycles, while maintaining the highest standards of security, quality, and governance — in short, to help enterprises confidently leap into their digital futures. Mendix’s ‘Go Make It’ platform has been adopted by more than 4,000 leading companies around the world.