Mendix Announces Global Reseller Agreement with IBM, Extending Leadership in Low-Code Platforms
Collaboration enables enterprises to leverage Mendix’s low-code platform on the IBM Cloud with native integration to AI, data analytics, and IoT services
BOSTON – January 26, 2018 – Mendix, the fastest and easiest platform to build and continuously improve mobile and web applications, today announced that IBM will resell and support the Mendix platform on the IBM Cloud.
Mendix’s speed and agility will be available on the IBM Cloud with AI, data analytics, and IoT services, and offers IBM developers the flexibility to consume rapid application development tools, cloud services, and cloud runtimes under a single subscription.
“The collaboration between IBM and Mendix will combine the ease of Mendix’s low-code environment with the advanced services available on IBM Cloud, including AI, blockchain, data analytics, mobile and Internet of things (IoT) services,” said Don Boulia, General Manager of Cloud Developer Services, IBM. “This significantly accelerates the speed at which developers from all backgrounds, from highly skilled coders to business users expanding their roles, are positioned to build and deploy cloud-native applications.”
Customers leveraging Mendix on IBM Cloud can benefit from:
- Accelerated time to value, delivering applications up to 10 times faster
- Native integration of IBM Watson IoT and AI services
- Cloud-native architecture supporting out-of-the-box high-availability and scalability
- Flexible cloud deployment across IBM Cloud’s public, private and hybrid options, leveraging Cloud Foundry or Docker / Kubernetes
- Increased collaboration and agility across business and technology teams
“The apps of the future cannot be built with the tools of the past. Businesses across all industries are finding new ways to innovate, and today’s leaders are putting low-code development at the core of their digital strategy,” added Derek Roos, CEO of Mendix. “Our partnership with IBM can enable enterprises to accelerate the speed at which developers from all backgrounds can build and deploy applications.”
Mendix will be showcasing this joint offering at IBM’s THINK Conference in Las Vegas on March 19-22.
- Report: Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for High Productivity Application Platform as a Service
- Report: Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Mobile App Development Platforms (MADP)
- Report: The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms For AD&D Pros, Q4 2017
Mendix is the fastest and easiest platform to build and continuously improve mobile and web applications at scale. Recognized as a market leader by leading analysts, we help our customers digitally transform their organizations and industries by building, managing, and improving apps at unprecedented speed and scale. More than 4,000 forward-thinking enterprises, including KLM, Philips, Royal DSM and University of Pennsylvania use our platform to build business applications to delight their customers and improve operational efficiency.
# # #
IBM, IBM Cloud and IBM Watson as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of IBM. See https://www.ibm.com/legal/us/en/copytrade.shtml for additional trademark information and notices.
All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.