Legendary Innovation Visionary Geoffrey Moore to Headline Mendix World 2016
Speakers include Former Netflix Cloud Architect Adrian Cockcroft, Leading Edge Forum Researcher Simon Wardley, Digital Transformation Specialist Kamales Lardi and More
BOSTON and ROTTERDAM – February 2, 2016 – Mendix, a leader in digital innovation and application Platform-as-a-Service (aPaaS), today announced that best-selling author and innovation authority Geoffrey Moore will deliver the headlining keynote at Mendix World 2016, the premier global conference on innovation and digital transformation in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, June 6-8.
Moore has received wide acclaim for his work on the market dynamics surrounding disruptive innovations. He has written seven books, including the marketing technology classic “Crossing the Chasm” and his latest work, “Zone to Win: Organizing to Compete in an Age of Disruption,” which focuses on the challenge large enterprises face when they seek to innovate new business models within their established portfolio.
“Over the past 25 years, Geoffrey Moore has established a reputation as a fearless and insightful luminary on issues that drive innovation across technology and the broader world of business,” said Derek Roos, CEO and co-founder of Mendix. “Mendix World is a forum for ideas about disruptive trends – how to anticipate them and leverage them to unlock new opportunities. We look forward to hearing the lessons Geoffrey can teach us all about how to embrace disruption and transform our businesses.”
Moore serves as chairman emeritus of The Chasm Group, Chasm Institute, TCG Advisors, and as a venture partner at MDV. He is an active speaker, appearing before audiences across the globe addressing topics ranging from high-tech market dynamics to business strategies, innovation, organizational development, and industry futures.
Moore heads a growing list of speakers at Mendix World 2016 that includes:
- Adrian Cockcroft (@adrianco) – Adrian’s extensive work at the leading edge of technology includes Netflix, where he helped lead the company’s migration to a large scale, highly available public-cloud architecture.
- Simon Wardley (@swardley) – A seasoned executive who has spent the last 15 years defining future IT strategies, Simon is a researcher for the Leading Edge Forum focused on the intersection of IT strategy and new technologies.
- Kamales Lardi (@KamLardi) – Kamales is an author, lecturer and strategist specializing in digital transformation. She has 16 years of experience in management consulting and helps companies transform their traditional business environments to meet the needs of the new digital customers.
- Derek Roos (@MendixCEO) – The driving force behind Mendix’s overall vision and strategy, Derek has helped build the company from a startup with a disruptive idea to a global market leader.
- Johan den Haan (@JohanDenHaan) – Johan leads Mendix’s overall technical strategy and research & development teams. He is a renowned speaker and blogger on topics such PaaS, Model-Driven Development, cloud and software engineering.
- Roald Kruit – Roald is co-founder of Mendix and heads the company’s Digital Transformation Practice, which helps customers define their digital vision and strategy, assess their innovation needs, and adapt their people, process and platforms to increase the velocity of change.
Mendix World 2016, held at the historic Van Nelle Factory in Rotterdam, will focus on driving digital innovation and transformation through modern application delivery. With a theme of “Inspiring Innovation,” the conference helps CIOs, business leaders, developers and technical professionals worldwide deepen their skills and knowledge in the areas of digital, bimodal IT, mobile, cloud, application development and aPaaS through keynotes, breakouts, expert-led workshops, product demonstrations and extensive networking.
Mendix World 2016 sponsorships have been highly sought after by Mendix’s global partner ecosystem. Confirmed Platinum sponsors include Bizzomate, Finaps, Magnus, Mansystems and Nokavision Software and confirmed Gold sponsors include AuraQ.
To learn more about Mendix World 2016, please visit https://www.mendix.com/mendix-world/. Register today, and use promo code “MOORE100” for substantial savings.
Connect with Mendix
Mendix, a Siemens business and the global leader in enterprise low-code, is fundamentally reinventing the way applications are built in the digital enterprise. With the Mendix platform, enterprises can ‘Make with More,’ by broadening an enterprise’s development capability to conquer the software development bottleneck; ‘Make it Smart,’ by making apps with rich native experiences that are intelligent, proactive, and contextual; and ‘Make at Scale,’ to modernize core systems and build large app portfolios to keep pace with business growth. The Mendix platform is built to promote intense collaboration between business and IT teams and dramatically accelerate application development cycles, while maintaining the highest standards of security, quality, and governance — in short, to help enterprises confidently leap into their digital futures. Mendix’s ‘Go Make It’ platform has been adopted by more than 4,000 leading companies around the world.