Understanding Application Platform as a Service (aPaas)
An application platform as a service refers to a cloud environment for designing, building, deploying and managing custom business applications. In simpler terms, it’s a single platform that enables speed and agility across the entire application lifecycle.
The Advantages of an aPaaS
Application platform as a service (aPaaS) solutions enable rapid application development and delivery. Many platform as a service providers streamline application provisioning and deployment, but don’t address the sluggishness of coding apps in the first place. The right aPaaS brings abstraction and automation to the complete application lifecycle, providing a faster way to build apps.
These features include:
- Visual, model-driven development for building apps in fast, iterative cycles
- One-click deployment to the public cloud, private cloud or on premises
- Reusable app components for composing the necessary building blocks versus reinventing the wheel each project
- Social collaboration tools and feedback loops that help teams get requirements right the first time and delight users
Learn more about rapid application development through Mendix’s application platform as a service.
Mendix’s Application Platform as a Service (aPaaS)
Mendix’s signature platform as a service allows users to rapidly build applications using visual models. The platform also offers pre-built templates and widgets, one-click cloud deployment, and cloud based app management functionality to further speed the delivery of custom applications. By supporting speed and agility across the entire application lifecycle, Mendix users reap a host of benefits, including:
- Reduced time to market by condensing project duration by 50%
- Increased staff productivity by reducing development effort by 70%
- Enhanced IT resourcing across more projects with teams that are 60% smaller
- Improved business-IT collaboration that produces higher quality applications
Find out why Mendix was named a leader among application platform as a service providers. Learn more about Mendix’s platform.