Mendix Celebrates Largest Quarter Ever with Surge of Adoption by Enterprises
Global organizations embrace Mendix to deliver web and mobile apps with unprecedented speed, collaboration and control
BOSTON – October 12, 2016 – Mendix, the fastest and easiest platform for Rapid Application Development, today announced record quarterly bookings in Q3 2016 driven by accelerating platform adoption within the enterprise. Mendix continued its pace of triple-digit bookings growth in North America, with 123 percent year-over-year growth. More than 3,400 organizations now use the Mendix platform to digitally transform their business operations.
“Facing increased competition from new entrants and incumbents, enterprises are looking to grow revenue, increase efficiency and differentiate with digital products. This is putting pressure on IT leaders to enable business and IT to deliver more applications, faster and at lower cost,” said Derek Roos, CEO. “Mendix is the only Low-Code Development Platform that brings IT and business together to deliver applications with unmatched time to value. Mendix helps IT become a business enabler, driving digital innovation with unprecedented speed, collaboration and control.”
- Bookings Growth – Mendix celebrated its largest bookings quarter ever, with particularly strong traction in North America, where bookings grew 123 percent year over year.
- Enterprise Adoption – Total number of organizations using Mendix increased 108 percent over Q3 2015 to more than 3,400. In particular, Mendix saw surging demand with large enterprises, with leading global brands like ADP, U.C. Berkeley and Vodafone Libertel B.V. adopting the platform to deliver a range of web and mobile apps. Examples include:
- A new digital product that’s enabling a specialty insurer to disrupt its market by selling direct to consumers at a fraction of the cost of competitive offerings
- A human capital management solution that’s being rolled out to 50,000 users across the globe
- A consumer-facing application for a global retailer to incorporate real-time feedback from thousands of customers into its product development process
Analyst and Industry Recognition
Leading analyst firms and enterprise technology vendors continued to highlight Mendix at industry events:
Gartner Catalyst – During the recent Gartner Catalyst events in San Diego and London, the Mendix platform was featured in a session about how to quickly derive value from the Internet of Things. In just a few hours, Gartner Analyst Kyle Davis used Mendix to build a connected application that consumed sensor data from a remote control car, implemented business logic and visualized the output in an easy-to-digest dashboard UI.
- IBM World of Watson – Mendix has been invited to present at the upcoming IBM World of Watson 2016 event in Las Vegas. The company will illustrate how low-code development opens up the power of IBM Watson to a much wider audience, enabling developers of any skill level to leverage Watson cognitive services in their applications simply by dragging and dropping objects in the Mendix platform.
Mendix customers continued to earn recognition for delivering rapid time to value:
- UK IT Industry Awards – Action for Children (AfC) was shortlisted for Best Not for Profit IT project. Using Mendix, AfC quickly delivered a series of multi-channel applications that have streamlined administrative processes, freeing up thousands of staff hours.
- Computable Awards – Mendix was shortlisted for Software Vendor of the Year based on a successful project at DSI, which delivered the world’s first automated system for handling complaints against bankers in just two months, on time and on budget.
- Computing Vendor Excellence Award – Mendix won the Mobile Application Development award for its work with Springer Healthcare. The publisher built a multi-channel sales management app in just 12 weeks, versus an estimated 12 months using traditional coding techniques.
Connect with Mendix
Mendix, a Siemens business and the global leader in enterprise low-code, is fundamentally reinventing the way applications are built in the digital enterprise. With the Mendix platform, enterprises can ‘Make with More,’ by broadening an enterprise’s development capability to conquer the software development bottleneck; ‘Make it Smart,’ by making apps with rich native experiences that are intelligent, proactive, and contextual; and ‘Make at Scale,’ to modernize core systems and build large app portfolios to keep pace with business growth. The Mendix platform is built to promote intense collaboration between business and IT teams and dramatically accelerate application development cycles, while maintaining the highest standards of security, quality, and governance — in short, to help enterprises confidently leap into their digital futures. Mendix’s ‘Go Make It’ platform has been adopted by more than 4,000 leading companies around the world.