Who we are
The Mendix Sites are provided by Mendix Technology B.V., an entity established under the laws of the Netherlands and a subsidiary of Siemens Digital Industries Software.
You may submit inquiries regarding personal data protection, privacy and security matters or contact us for other reason via [email protected] or by writing to Mendix, Wilhelminakade 197, 5th floor, 3072 AP Rotterdam, the Netherlands. You can call us on +31 10 276 0434.
- Our social media pages located at [include the URLs for all of our company social media pages on LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, etc.] (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”); and
and applies to all visitors/users of the Mendix Sites and services, and our Social Media Pages.
You may visit the Mendix Sites anonymously, without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need certain Personal Data from you.
You may choose to provide us with Personal Data (such as your name, email address and company name) through the Mendix Sites when you elect to register with Mendix in order to download our products or access premium content, or to make use of the Mendix Platform as community member or developer. When you provide Personal Data in order to register with Mendix, such Personal Data will be used in order to provide you with access to the requested products, services, content and/or information. We may also use Personal Data to help us understand who is using our products and services, to support you in the development as community member or developer and optimizing the use of the Mendix Platform, and to help us manage business development activities.
How we collect Personal Data
We may collect your Personal Data:
- When you contact us with your questions, comments, ideas, complaints, or communicate with Mendix (including when applying for employment with Mendix): we may collect various information, depending on the manner in which you contact us (e.g. if you send us an email, we will collect your email address; if you solicit for a job, we will collect your details as provided in your application) and the reason for contacting us. In any case, we will collect your contact details to be able to respond and further communicate with you.
- When you subscribe to our newsletters, blogs and updates mailing list: we will collect your email address and country
- When you submit a support ticket with Mendix: we will collect your email address so we can respond to your report. You will also need to describe the problem that you have experienced with our services so we can take care of it. We strongly recommend you not to send us screenshots and/or attachments that contain production data of your applications, or any confidential or personal data, when you submit a support ticket with us.
- When you visit the Mendix Sites: Mendix may also collect certain data from your computer and internet connection, including the IP address of your computer, the date and time you accessed our web sites, the internet address of web sites from which you link to the Mendix Sites, the device you are using (such as laptop or tablet) and your movements and preferences on the Mendix Sites.
- When you sign up to use the Mendix Platform: When you participate in the Mendix Platform as community member or developer we will collect Platform Usage statistics and analytics that consist of Personal Data (such as your name, email address, company, certification, platform activities).
- When you subscribe to a course or training of the Academy of Mendix: We collect your first and last name, your email address, your telephone number, the region and the name of the company you work.
- When you attend a webinar or an online event of Mendix: We collect your first name, last name, your email address, company name, the country, and the area of focus.
- From other sources: we may receive Personal Data from other sources, marketing partners, social media platforms, talent acquisition partners, from your co-workers and friends, as well as from other third parties. We also may receive data from publicly available sources by data enrichment services.
- Offline: we may collect Personal Data about you offline, such as when you attend one of our events or visit our exhibition booths by scanning your badge or call our customer service representatives.
Newsletters & Updates
If you subscribe to our newsletter and/or updates, we will use your email address to send the newsletter and/or updates to you. You may unsubscribe at any time by using the link in each newsletter or to unsubscribe or update communication, or visit our web site unsubscribe page.
Invitations to Mendix Platform
If you choose to invite another person to a Mendix Platform account or project, we will ask you for the name and email address of that person. We will automatically send that person an invitation email to visit the Mendix Sites, to create an account or join your project. Mendix stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
If you use our blog, forum or AppStore on the Mendix Sites (e.g. Developer Portal, Community pages), you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these blogs and forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
We collect information from visits to the Mendix Sites to help us provide a better experience, service and to make the Mendix Sites as user friendly and purposeful as possible. For example, we keep track of the domains from which people visit and we also measure visitor activity on the Mendix Sites. However, when we do so, we do so in ways that keep the information anonymous.
Mendix may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide better user experience and service. None of the information described in this paragraph is reviewed at an individual level.
Links to Other Web Sites
The Mendix Sites may contain links to other web sites. Mendix is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. The links from the Mendix Sites to other web sites do not imply that Mendix endorses or has reviewed the third party web sites. We suggest contacting the operators of those websites directly for information on their privacy policies.
Platform Usage Analytics
We collect information from visits to the Mendix Platform to help us and our community members, developers and customers to provide a better experience, service and give insight to developments. This analysis, statistics and other data generated by your use of the Mendix Platform may be disclosed with your team members.
Use of Personal Data
We use Personal Data only when we are allowed to by law and only for the reasons, we collected it. Most commonly, the reasons are the performing of a contract with you or your employer, the consent you gave to us, when it is necessary for our legitimate interests (and your interests and rights don’t override ours), and when we need to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
We may use Personal Data:
- To login you to the Mendix Sites;
- To manage our relationship with you, such as your registration to our events or as a
- Providing you with the products and services you have requested;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To send administrative information to you, such as the services and changes to our terms,
conditions and policies;
- To allow you to send messages to your connections through the services;
- To send marketing communications that may be relevant to you;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention,
developing new products, enhancing, improving and modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities;
- To understand your use of the Mendix Platform as community member or developer;
- To support you as developer in your performance, your training and the development on your projects;
- To support your team in the performance on the projects your team is working on
- To allow you to participate in prize draws, competitions and promotional activities and to
administer these activities (some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully);
- To facilitate social sharing functionality, and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws
outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and property, and that of our affiliates, you and others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies and limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use Personal Data for compatible purposes if we think we need to do so.
For any uses on the basis of legitimate interest, we have conducted a legitimate interest assessment to ensure that such processing isn’t overridden by your rights or interests.
Developing the Mendix Platform: We use aggregated and personal data about your use of the Mendix Platform and services to develop the platform. These activities are necessary to fulfil our interest in creating a better platform and helping us create better technology and better communications.
Sending Direct Marketing Communications: We use your data to send marketing communications about our products and services and offerings from our affiliates. We may send these communications via email, post or call. As for most companies, our ability to market our products and services is necessary for our commercial interests and may allow us to expand our customer base.
Share Personal Data
Mendix is not in the business of selling Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Mendix, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions, such as web site hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, processing payments, and other similar services. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are being able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose will become public information and may be available to users of the Mendix Sites and services, and our Social Media Pages, and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information about you.
- Mendix may share your registration data for an event of Mendix with Partners of Mendix who are listed on the registration page, The Partners will use your registration data for the purposes of their participation in the event. If a Partner intends to use your personal data for any other purposes, they will contact you to explain how and for which other purposes they will use your registration data.
- In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) we may disclose Personal Data to a third party.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate we may also disclose Personal Data to a third party: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and property, and that of our affiliates, you and others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies and limit the damages that we may sustain.
Personal Data related to you is treated as strictly confidential and we have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss and unlawful processing of such information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately about the problem by contacting us.
If you tell us that you do not want us to use Personal Data as a basis for further contact, we will respect your wishes. Regarding our use of the Personal Data about you, you can exercise a
variety of the rights, such as:
- Request access to the Personal Data we have about you;
- Ask us to erase Personal Data we have about you;
- Object any processing we do on the basis of legitimate interests;
- Ask us to restrict the processing of Personal Data about you;
- If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and/or updates, unsubscribe at any time
by using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each newsletter or update
communication, or visit the unsubscribe page on our website;
- Ask us to correct any incorrect Personal Data we have about you. If you are a registered
to the Mendix Sites as user, you may review and update this information at any time through the account page here.
As noted above, you can log into your profile setting on the Mendix Sites and view, change or replace your own profile data. If you want exercise any of the foregoing rights or have any other question regarding the Personal Data related to you, please contact us at: [email protected].
In your request, please let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of Personal Data related to you. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note also that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
If you reside in California and have provided Personal Data to Mendix you have the right to receive: (a) information identifying any third party to whom Mendix may have disclosed, within the past year, Personal Data pertaining to you and your family for that party’s direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Data disclosed. To obtain such information, please email your request to [email protected] or call our free of toll phone number +1-833-888-0229. This request may be made no more than twice in a twelve-month period.
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal Data may be stored on servers located within the European Union, and may also be processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. If we transfer Personal Data within the company or to business partners located in a country with insufficient level of data protection, we will provide adequate safeguards, according to GDPR.
Changes to Our Policy