Get Your Game On at Gartner Application Strategies & Solutions Summit
Bryanne Baye / November 14, 2018
It’s been fun to watch the Gartner Apps exhibitor ecosystem grow over the last few years. I think it’s a huge testament not only to the rapidly growing low-code and hpaPaaS market but also to the fact that enterprises are truly in need of a platform that allows for faster development across a wider range of development skills.
I’m particularly excited for this year’s event because Mendix is sponsoring a Low-code Arcade and Learning Lab – which will be exactly as it sounds: Half learning. Half fun. The typical Mendix way!
Get the low-code lowdown at the Learning Lab
We all know the deal at tradeshows. You walk around the show floor, get scanned by hundreds of vendors, your inbox gets inundated with follow-up emails, and then we (most likely) never speak again because you don’t have the time to respond to every single email and phone call and there’s probably no chance you can remember what each vendor’s offering was. We didn’t want that to happen this time.
The Low-code Learning Lab is a dedicated space for you to experience the Mendix Platform, learn what’s under the hood, and get ideas for the types of applications you can build.
We want you to walk away from Gartner Apps with the knowledge and attitude that you can have a significant, positive impact on your business and your developers by using our full-stack development platform. We also want to leave you with a positive impression, so that you remember us after the show!
We’ve broken out the Learning Lab into three sessions, and each aligns to the following priorities:
- Easy livin’- We’ll show you what low-code is and how it can make your developers’ lives easier.
- The art of the possible- Learn how the Mendix Platform integrates with existing systems and new technologies.
- Make an impact- See how to not only make an impact on your business but prove the value of what you create.
As if all this information weren’t enough, we also want to give you a chance to win a great giveaway. Attend all three sessions throughout the event, and you’ll be entered to win a Nintendo Switch! (perfect timing for the holidays)
Here’s a run-down of our sessions:
- Power Up Full Stack Dev with Low-Code
Is re-work preventing your team from developing next-level enterprise apps? In this session, you will learn how low-code platforms make your developers lives easier while maximizing their existing skills and knowledge.
Tuesday 11/27: 1:00pm, 6:20pm & Wednesday 11/28: 12:30pm, 6:20pm
Speaker: Mike Schiraldi, Solution Architect at Mendix
- Low-Code Level-Up: Microservices, DevOps and Extensibility with Ease
Winning the app development game seems challenging when new technologies and innovations appear faster than your ability to assimilate them. Join Mendix for a demonstration showing you how low-code integrates with your enterprise architecture to propel you to the top of the leaderboard.Tuesday 11/27: 12:30pm, 5:40pm & Wednesday 11/28: 1:00pm, 6:45pmSpeaker: Simon Black, Technology Evangelist at Mendix
- Be a Business Value Tycoon with Low-CodeBuilding an app landscape is like building a theme park. You have to consider placement carefully, and you have to get the best out of your people so that they give your customers the best experience. Hear how Avertra is using Mendix to transform their IT organization and their industry.Tuesday 11/27: 1:55pm, 7:15pm & Wednesday 11/28: 1:55pm, 5:55pmSpeaker: Matt Daniels, Director of Products at Avertra
Want to party up? In between sessions, we’re turning the demo TV into an arcade! We know that tradeshow floors can be a little dull, and that your feet are probably hurting from walking up and down the aisles, talking to all the different vendors.
Kick up your feet and relax with us in the Low-code Arcade. We’re bringing in a Super Nintendo Classic so you can play all your favorite SNES games like “Mario Kart”, “Donkey Kong Country” and “Chrono Trigger”. Don’t forget to collect all of the Mendix stickers and our famous rocket socks!
Here’s a handy overview of the session dates & times. We look forward to seeing you at Gartner Apps!