Mendix collaborates with Red Hat to Bring Cloud-Native Low-Code App Development to a New Level
- This collaboration brings together the best of two worlds – low-code application development and open-source cloud operations – to empower organizations to accelerate their digital transformation journeys.
- Existing Mendix and Red Hat customers can leverage this collaboration to build scalable, flexible, and security-focused applications more quickly and efficiently, which will help drive innovation and deliver value to more organizations worldwide.
Today, Mendix, a Siemens business, announced a collaboration with Red Hat, the world’s leading provider of enterprise open-source solutions. Through this collaboration, Mendix will combine the agility and speed of the Mendix low-code platform with the scalability and flexibility of Red Hat OpenShift, empowering organizations to embrace digital transformation with greater confidence.
Organizations already benefiting from this collaboration include The United States Department of Education, Proximus, Garantii BBVA, and Isracard.
Working with Red Hat in this capacity will not only help organizations to build scalable, flexible, and security-focused applications; it will also make it easier to deploy and manage Mendix applications across various cloud environments and on-premises infrastructure using Red Hat OpenShift.
Specifically, Mendix is enhancing its cloud-native architecture in collaboration with Red Hat as follows:
- End-to-End Application Lifecycle: The Mendix low-code platform makes rapid application development possible, while Red Hat OpenShift offers more robust infrastructure for deployment, scaling, and application management. This will lead to a smoother development-to-deployment process for Mendix applications in addition to reduced operational complexities.
- Hybrid Cloud Flexibility: Mendix and Red Hat working together means it will be easier to deploy applications seamlessly across on-premises, private, and public cloud environments. This flexibility enables organizations to leverage the scalability and cost efficiency of public clouds while keeping sensitive data on-premises or in private clouds. It caters to diverse needs and allows organizations to adapt their infrastructure as their requirements evolve.
- Enhanced Security Features and Compliance: Red Hat’s focus on providing security features for the enterprise will enhance the security posture of Mendix applications. This is particularly valuable for organizations operating in regulated industries or handling sensitive data.
- Scalability and Performance: With the combination of the Mendix platform with Red Hat’s containerization technologies, organizations can achieve scalability and performance for their applications by packaging their applications into containers and deploying them on Red Hat’s infrastructure, allowing for more efficient resource utilization, auto-scaling, and high availability. This enables applications built on Mendix to handle increased workloads and deliver optimal performance.
- Enterprise-Grade Support and Ecosystem: Both organizations will benefit from enterprise-grade support services, including access to reliable support, troubleshooting, and updates for the underlying infrastructure. Additionally, customers can tap into both Red Hat and Mendix ecosystems, including libraries, tools, extensions, and developer communities. This will encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing among the communities to help customers maximize the value of their investments in both technologies.
“With this collaboration, Mendix and Red Hat are changing how organizations develop and deploy applications,” said Penny Philpot, vice president of partner ecosystem success EMEA, at Red Hat. “Businesses will be able to innovate faster, improve customer experiences, and unlock new opportunities in today’s digital-first world. We look forward to working closely together with Mendix to deliver industry-leading solutions that can help redefine the way businesses operate in the digital age.”
Or Zur, R&D Director at Isracard, said: “Thanks to the powerful collaboration between Red Hat and Mendix, our development process has been revolutionized. The seamless integration of Red Hat’s cutting-edge technologies with Mendix’s low-code platform empowers us to deliver exceptional solutions to our clients.”
“Gartner predicts that by 2025, 70% of new enterprise applications will be created in a low-code environment. However, some IT leaders are still preoccupied with losing visibility and control when implementing low-code solutions. At Mendix, security and control are part of everything we do: governance, data privacy, and compliance are key pillars of our platform. Through our collaboration with Red Hat, we’re excited to bring even more opportunities for organizations to embrace a security-first digital transformation with more confidence,” said Frank Baalbergen, CISO of Mendix.
“Our collaboration with Red Hat is an exciting expansion to the Mendix ecosystem. Through RedHat’s OpenShift, it’s now even easier for organizations to build a secure and scalable application across various cloud environments and on-premises infrastructure,” said Jethro Borsje, Chief Solution Officer of Mendix. “We’re excited about this new collaboration between Mendix and Red Hat. It will arm organizations across the world with more training, tools, support, and community knowledge to help navigate the evolving landscape and make the most of their investment in digital transformation.”
About Red Hat
Red Hat and OpenShift are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries.
Mendix, a Siemens business, is the only low-code platform designed to address the full complexity of enterprise software development challenges. Deploying point solutions to departmental problems solves things at a micro level—but if you want to make a significant impact on your business, you need to go bigger and build powerful portfolios that move the needle sustainably and strategically.
With Mendix, enterprises can take on more complex, transformational initiatives by engaging everyone in capturing requirements, forming ideas, and embedding value assessment throughout the lifecycle of the software portfolio.
Focus on the right problems while relying on governance and control to avoid unnecessary risk. Mobilize your organization. Build the change readiness muscle. And when the next big idea drops, turn it into an outcome quicker.
More than 4,000 organizations in 46 countries use the Mendix low-code platform. An active community of over 300,000 developers has created over 950,000 applications – and counting.