Uncover the right problems to solve
The problems your development team is trying to solve are rarely their own. That’s why empathy is such a crucial first step of the design thinking process. Your team must develop a deep understanding of an app’s intended users, their behaviors, and their motivations, uncovering insights that help refine the fundamental problem to solve.
Gather information on your users
Turn user information into insights
Generate ideas based on insights
Try out your ideas
Get feedback and iterate
Learn how the design thinking principle of empathy creates value for users and businesses.
Rapidly Ideate and Experiment
Drawing upon the deep user understanding cultivated during the empathy stage, cross-functional teams can use Mendix to rapidly ideate and iterate on new app designs, going wide in search of more creative and impactful solutions to users’ problems.
- Empower domain experts to bring ideas to life by quickly building functional prototypes using the Web Modeler’s WYSIWYG development environment
- Quickly assemble and modify screens, pulling from a variety of reusable UI elements available in the Atlas UI Framework
- Preview apps live as they’re constructed, allowing developers to sit with end users, gather feedback, and make rapid iterations
Keep user needs front and center
The Mendix low-code platform helps your teams focus on users throughout the entire design and development process, allowing them to deliver apps that satisfy both user needs and business objectives.
- Enable active involvement of business users across the complete application lifecycle with an integrated collaboration portal
- Share working prototypes or MVPs instantly with users to begin collecting and iterating based on real-world feedback
- Continually gather insights with a built-in feedback loop that’s integrated into the development environment
Move seamlessly from prototype to production
Instead of throwaway mockups, Mendix allows your teams to create working prototypes that evolve seamlessly to production apps, saving significant time and effort.
- Extend prototypes with complex logic and integrations with the Desktop Modeler, promoting collaboration through a shared visual language
- Iteratively develop solutions with built-in tools for managing agile projects (user stories, sprints, and backlogs)
- Quickly deploy and scale successful apps, leveraging out-of-the-box high availability and failover for Web-scale operations
Promote consistency and reuse
Using Atlas UI, your UX resources can define an enterprise design language for developers to leverage within their apps, promoting consistency and reuse across your app portfolio.
- Create an enterprise design language containing your brand’s theme and a customized set of page templates, building blocks, and widgets
- Package custom UI elements into a branded starter app and distribute via Mendix’s private App Store to kick-start development
- Empower developers without UI design skills to deliver great UX leveraging reusable UI elements based on best practices